If your child is a fan of Globi, the famous Swiss cartoon that resembles a blue parrot, then look no further than Engstligenalp. This little haven high above Adelboden boasts three Globi theme trails. The three trails include the Globi Alpweg (3.0 km), the Globi Themenweg (4.5 km) and the Globi Kristalweg (4.5). This post highlights the incredible Globi Bergweg, which was a genuine delight.
The Globi Bergweg is set in a stunning location. Children will enjoy learning about Globi’s life as a dairy farmer in the Alps, while the adults will be taken by the gorgeous scenery. Children are motivated to locate the stainless-steel milk jugs along the route, all of which include the clues to complete page 7 of the booklet. There are 10 clues in total and once children reach the Schatthaus, they will be tasked with finding the correct code to unlock Globi’s house. We were amazed at how much love and detail went into the creation of the trail and the Schatthaus. Our children were thrilled with the books and all the tiny details in the house that made this trail so memorable. Don’t forget to answer the question in the booklet that requires the children to pay close attention to the “golden object” in the house.
Children will receive a sticker from the Globi Stübli for the correct answer.
Plan a full day in Engstligenalp and if your children are motivated, they will easily be able to complete more than one of the Globi theme trails in this beautiful area.
Good to Know:
· This trail is not stroller - friendly.
· There are no bathrooms along the route, except at the lift stations and at the Berghotels.
· There is not drinking water along the route.
· This trail is typically open the end of June through the middle of October. Always check weather forecasts and gondola operating times before starting your journey!
· Make sure to pick - up the Globi Erlebniswelt Engstligenalp booklet before you start this trail. You will need it to complete the hike!
· There are several Berghotels located in Engstligenalp serving meals and alpine cheese.
· There is a small gondola called the “Globi Luftseilbahn” which whisks families up the mountain to the start of the Globi trails. How fun is that?
Location: Engstligenalp, Switzerland
Start: Berghotel Engstligenalp
Finish: Berghotel Engstligenalp
Time: 2:00+ hours
Length: 6.0 km
Trail Type: Moderate
Out and Back - This trail can be combined with the Globi Kristallweg making it a loop hike.
Directions: Follow the Globi trail markers and look for the stainless-steel milk jugs along the route.
Website: Globi Theme Trails